Re: oil coolers

To: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com, rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: oil coolers
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:26:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-12-06 13:17:35 EST, cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles
Y. Farwell) writes:

<< Now, on to display my ignorance: I have never quite understood the
        mechanics of why bearing clearances affect oil pressure - anyone
        care to offer up a quick tutorial?

Think of the nozzle on the end of a garden hose.  As the opening is made
larger, the water emerges with less pressure.  As it gets smaller, the water
emerges under greater pressure, so you can spray the effing salt and snow off
of the beautifully painted sheet metal that you labored over so
painstakingly.....
Paul
The snowy North