Re: Tach Readings/spedo

To: rpage@wvi.com
Subject: Re: Tach Readings/spedo
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 21:31:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<<  why are there different tachs for o/d and non-o/d, with
 different serial numbers on their faces? That's the case with the
 GT6's, anyway.
                                                 Scott Kohl

unlike the TR6's, the GT6's had different rear axle ratios. standard was
3.27, overdrive was 3.89   the TRs before the TR6 offered a 4.1 ratio as an
option if the car had overdrive, but most od cars had the std 3.7.
  did you see the note from the other member about a non standard J type od
fitted to a TR box without the internal speedo drive gears being correct?
                                                  ATR3R  p.s. I purchased one
of the very last GT6+'s made from new & just missed the last OD one.  With
the very steep hills around here, it would have made 1st gear hill starts
much easier, although R&T found that the non od car got slightly better
highway gas milage.  Yes, I still have the 6+