Non LBC automotive acronyms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non LBC automotive acronyms
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:14:19 -0500
I ran across this list of acronyms (not my own) and thought they might be of
interest to some of you, since Triumph acronyms were a hot topic several
weeks back.  Sorry if this is a duplicate of any list I've happened to miss.

       Automobile Acronyms

      ------------
      AUDI
      ----
      Accelerates Under Demonic Influence
      Always Unsafe Designs Implemented

      BMW
      ----
      Beautiful Mechanical Wonder
      Big Money Works
      Bought My Wife
      Break My Window
      Brutal Money Waster

      BUICK
      -----
      Big Ugly Indestructable Car Killer

      CHEVROLET
      ---------
      Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips
      Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

      DODGE
      -----
      Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater
      Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere

      FIAT
      ----
      Failure in Italian Automotive Technology
      Fix It All the Time
      Fix it again, Tony!

      FORD
      ----
      Flip over read directions
      F***** over rebuilt dodge
      First on Race Day!!!
      backwards --   Driver Returns On Foot
      First On Recall Day
      First On Rust and Deterioration
      Fix Or Repair Daily
      Found On Road, Dead
      Fault Of R&D
      Fast Only Rolling Downhill
      Features O.J. and Ron's DNA

      GM
      ---
      General Maintenance

      GMC
      ---
      Garage Man's Companion
      Gotta Mechanic Coming?

      HONDA
      -----
      Had One Never Did Again

      HYUNDAI
      -------
      Hope You Understand Nothing's Driveable And Inexpensive...

      MAZDA
      -----
      Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along

      OLDSMOBILE
      ----------
      Old Ladies Driving Slowly Make Others Behind Infuriatingly Late
      Everyday

      Overpriced, Leisurely Driven Sedan Made Of Buick's Irregular Leftover
      Equipment

      SAAB
      -----
      Send Another Automobile Back
      Swedish Automobiles Always Breakdown

      TOYOTA
      ------
      Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto

      VOLVO
      -----
      Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object

      VW
      ---
      Virtually Worthless >>

Scott in Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L - FOR SALE / FINISH RESTORATION / $3000
1968 TR250 CD3520L - SOLD
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881