Cold weather storage part 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cold weather storage part 2
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:44:43 -0800
I want to make myself clearer on this for you all... so I'll ask the
question this way...  Is there any reason why you should not store an
engine (that runs) in below freezing conditions without any coolant in the
engine?  I realize that when I drained it I could not get all of the
coolant out, but it must be understood that I didn't drain the system for
storage... I just drained it to replace the water hoses a few months back,
and then never refilled it, and won't plan to refill it until I can fire it
up again.  Any coolant that remains in the system is old, but last winter
when the system was full, it never became frozen, so I'm figuring that any
coolant left will remain liquid.

I'm probably overeacting here, but just thought I'd take advantage of some
of the experience out there and make sure there wasn't anything that I had
not thought of!

Thanks again!!

Pete Chadwell