Oil Filters

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, ctschmitz@ccgate.hac.com
Subject: Oil Filters
From: CMaster808@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 09:19:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Stewart

Hope this gets to you, I'm having trouble using my mail system the way I have
to for the momnet.  I have to first take mail to a text file then to a
readable write file then to bring it all back if I want, reverse order kinda
like the bently's handbook!
So I choose to read off line then come back on open old postings from when I
was in good grace with the list and use it to post to the list. then wait
untill the following morning to see if it makes it on!  Sounds easy huh?????
 Conveniant too???
Oh I'm a sick sick puppy!!!

Anyway, back to the oil filter.  I put my adapter on this week, I had bought
one last year and had gotten the one for the oil cooler, with adapters for
such, but having no cooler in the garage and wanting to proceed anyway.
 Somebody on the list posted a way to adapt the adapter!!!  By drilling thru
the center from one chamber to the next, I did this figuring that if
neccessary to convert back ,it could be done by tapping the hole and
plugging.
I had tried to install this oh 3 or 4 months ago, and found that I didn't
have the right filter for the aplication, duh!!!

I then took the adapter with me to Whitlocks, car part store, where I took
some time and tried on filters (and they  had no private dressing
room!!eek!!!)   anyway here is what I came up with for filters.

Trust  (generic brand)     PH 2861

Fram     PH 3600

Motocraft      FL400A

AC             PA56

Thease filters fit the best as far as getting the gasket to mate to the
adapter (most surface contact).

Now depending on how you install the adapter , it would affect which one you
would use as far as anti drain back valve would be conserned.

I put mine on sideways so that I could change from above ( male thing don't
ya know).
The filter rest between the sending unit and the relief spring and not
touching either..
If you install it for bottum removal, you will have to have slightly akilt
forward anyway in order to mill the slave cyl .

I have ran my install and am happy to report that the system will make
pressure, in the side mount mode, and that the hole in the adapter works just
fine.

I put in 10W30 for cold weather

Now today I'm gonna pull the tranny to fix the starter assembly!!  IE: ring
gear

What a cruel cruel world!!!!!!

Chet    back to the garage,, the digest does help out in getting more garage
time atleast!!!!

72  TR-6  CC79173  U      but with overdrive!!!