Re: Oil Filters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Filters
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 15:57:19 -0800 (PST)
>As long as the topic is oil filter adapters, does anyone have a source
>for the rubber o-ring that fits between the adaptor and the engine
>block? The PO gave me a complete adaptor setup, but he had mangled the
>oil ring and gave up trying to install it. I'd hate to have to buy a
>whole new setup when all I need is a o-ring!

Paul:

I just did this one!  Assuming the kit you have is the same as TRF's Spin
on adapter, the o ring is available from TRF.  They don't list the part in
the catalog, but it's there... just got one a few months ago.

Part number:
        TRFEL403/O-RING

The adapter that I purchased (back in 1989 or so) from TRF is manufactured
by MOCAL, and I wouldn't suspect that there would be anyone else
manufacturing this part.  I'd be willing to bet it would be the correct
part, and besides, it only costs 55 cents!!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6