SB-42 Exemption of vehicles over 25 years old

To: Senator.Kopp@sen.ca.gov
Subject: SB-42 Exemption of vehicles over 25 years old
From: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:02:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Senator,

        I am a northern California resident.  I support your effort to
exempt vehicles over 25 years old from Smog testing requirements.  These
vehicles are generally owned by people with the intention of preserving
classic automobiles, and they are driven infrequently.  It would be a
shame if these classics after 1966 are forced out of California and to
the scrap pile.

        I will be following the progress of your bill.  Good luck.  Can
your office provide a list of legislators that support SB 42?  I am sure
that the list would be of interest to a substantial number of people who
are trying to preserve their classic cars in California as well as in
other states.

Gene M.