Re: TR6 Engine Overhaul/cam journals

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Overhaul/cam journals
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:24:49 +0000
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tom; here's a fit and finsih story for you. When I restored my Tiger, I
built a rotisserie so I could spin the entire car upside down. The
chassis braces needed rust repairs in several places. While inspecting
the center of the 'x' brace at the center of the car, I noticed a rock
jammed up in it. Now, the only entry points are a fuel line pass
through, @ 2" in diameter, and in 2 places. I thought someone might have
bottomed the car out, stuffing the rock in. Closer inspection revealed a
different story!
 I looked in with a flashlight, and saw  rock the size of my fist! The
only way something that big could be in there was for it to have been
placed there on the assembly line!
I know Sunbeam had lots of union troubles, but this was crazy!
Anyway, I shattered the rock with my air chisel, and saved the pieces
for a sovenier.