Spitfire transmission problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire transmission problem
From: Z@iamug.org
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 96 10:35:28 CST
I decided it was time to go forth and change my transmission this past fall.
One warm September weekend two friends and I changed the transmission.  The new
transmission had been checked out and was deemed in fine working order by the
local AAMCO transmission people.  Anyways, we put the 'new' transmission in and
much to my relief (after a little adjustment) it worked wonderfully.  It worked
wonderfully, at least for a time.  One day sometime in October, the clutch
stopped working and changing gears became a nightmare.  Does anyone have any
idea why the clutch would suddenly stop working after working fine?  The car is
put away for the winter now, but come spring, I will have to takle the problem.

Thanks and Merry Chrismas!!!
Zach Zaletel
70 Spitfire
Mouse Hole Server - Des Moines Iowa