Re: TR6 engine "ticking"

To: ccfarm@tranquility.net
Subject: Re: TR6 engine "ticking"
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:57:45 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
<<I seem to have this annoying
ticking sound coming from (I think) the top end of my engine.  It's not
a valve thing as I've re-adjusted them 47 times.  It might be coming
from the cam/tappet area. >>

Chad,

One problem often overlooked is the clearance between the rockers and the
rocker shaft. No matter how carefully you adjust the valves, if there's wear
between the rockers and shaft, you'll get a light ticking. Unless it becomes
louder or it's just one of those things that drive you crazy, let it go. The
repair is replacing the shaft and replacing or rebushing the offending
rocker(s).

Can you say external oil feed kit??

Good luck,
Charlie B.