TR6 won't start

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 won't start
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 16:02:48 -0500
I recently purchased a 1970 TR6 which has been sitting in a covered
carport for about 8 years.  I am now trying to get the TR to run/start.
I have changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, ignition wires,
distributor, rotor, plugs, points and condensor.  The fuel tank was
drained of fuel and replaced with fresh gas, and the fuel pump
filter/gauze was cleaned.  The carbs are receiving gas.  The engine
cranks without a problem.

The old coil was not producing a spark so I repalced it with a new lucas
coil.  Still no spark.

Any suggestions or guidence on what I should attempt next would be
greatly appreciated.

Todd Sigety
1970 Triumph TR6
1989 Porsche 944