Re: TR6 won't start

To: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 won't start
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:33:54 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Todd, do you mean you have no spark from the coil, or from the plugs?

If you get a spark off the coil wire but not the plugs your rotor arm has a
short to ground (happened to me, and nothing was visible). If you have no
spark off the coil then check the low voltage wires going from the coil to
distributor and the flexible wire inside the distributor itself. They have a
habit of breaking inside the insulation. ( also happened to me). Also make
sure you hooked up the wire to the CB correctly, it should be insulated by
two nylon washers. If you put it on wrong, the juice goes to ground.

Stu (74 TR6).