Spitfire Hardtop Mounting Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Hardtop Mounting Question
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 07:02:20 -0700
Next week I'll be going to Calif. to pickup a Spitfire.  I will be looking
at two cars a 74 and a 79.  Right now I'm leaning towards the 74.

This car has a hardtop which the current owner has never mounted.
Supposedly, he has all the necessary hardware, but doesn't have any idea how
to mount the top.  No manual is available nor am I aware of any other
Spitfires within 150 miles from where I live in NM for me to look at.  I
have a fair idea how it is done, but I'm unsure of where the 2 spacers and
flat washers go on the front attaching points (windshield headrail). These
parts are shown in the Victoria British Cat. pg 57 (#15-18).  Any advice
would be appreciated.

To safe side it I would like to take some common bolts with me.  Does anyone
know the size, length and thread pattern for both the front and back bolts?

Barry H. Adams
badams@cyberport.com
74 or 79 Spitfire