Re: exhaust for '65 spit

To: eburger@sagelink.com
Subject: Re: exhaust for '65 spit
From: vitesse@juno.com (Hugh R McAleer)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 07:27:19 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Ed,

It depends on where you live and what type of mood your local gendarme is
in.  I was a police officer a long time ago and every state I worked in
required a muffler.  That word - muffler - left a lot of leeway.

You could spend the bucks to get an original Spit muffler, or go with a
turbo type of muffler, which would give you some quiet roar.  Or you
could go with a Super trap, which would allow you to add or take away
discs that would change the sound.

There are several on the list that are more qualified to answer the
question of the need for back pressure.  My suggestion....get the super
trap, it will let find the best compromise between sound and back
pressure.]

Just my .02 worth
Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, '66? Vitesse(Sold!)
'76 TR7 Victory Edition, '71 Stag w/chevy power