Re: poly/nylatron

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: poly/nylatron
From: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:06:07 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
roger ...

we're talking tr6 here right? it seems my 78 spit also has a slight
'kink' in the frame. it's kinked at the right-rear shock tower base
where the shock tower is bolted to the frame. it also happens to be
the spot where the frame is 'notched' to allow the tailpipe to clear
the frame. it looks to me like the DPO smacked the curb or ran over
something fairly large at speed. there is also some right rear wheel
wobble i'm assuming is associated with the event. it really bothered
me at the start, but i figure a good frame guy can fix it without too
much trouble. what is the likelyhood that the wishbone parts or other
front suspension parts are bent? is there a way to test things like
the sway bar or the steering rack?

-- michael - wanting my spit to run true ....
   '78 spitfire