Spitfire MkIII Electricals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire MkIII Electricals
From: "Tony Zappa" <tzappa@aztec.co.za>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 11:18:48 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <tzappa@aztec.co.za>
The next chapter in the everchanging Spitfire saga...

Last week everything was fine.  Yesterday I put in new demister hoses
(they were missing) and now none of the lights, wiper motor, or
heater motor work.  I'm sure I have a short somewhere, but a couple
hours of poking around this morning failed to turn up anything.

My questions are:
1.  in a wiring diagram I have there is a Control Box and Voltage
Stabliser listed.  As it looks like the previous owner(s) redid the
entire system, where should these be?
2.  If I took the plunge and decided to re-wire the car (all of my
wires are either red, yellow, brown, or grey, making it very
difficult to ascertain what goes with what) would a new loom be in
the original colours, or would it be better to work with what I have?

Any comments on the problem would be most appreciated.  Thanks.