Re: Spitfire MkIII Electricals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire MkIII Electricals
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 08:39:34 -0800
Tony Z. writes:

>1.  in a wiring diagram I have there is a Control Box and Voltage
>Stabliser listed.  As it looks like the previous owner(s) redid the
>entire system, where should these be?
>2.  If I took the plunge and decided to re-wire the car (all of my
>wires are either red, yellow, brown, or grey, making it very
>difficult to ascertain what goes with what) would a new loom be in
>the original colours, or would it be better to work with what I have?
***************************************
I'm not sure what your refering to as the 'control box' (possibly the
voltage regulator for the generator? what year MKIII ?) but the voltage
stabilizer is located on the back of the speedometer and held in place by a
single screw and clip.  If you opt for the new wire loom it should have the
correct colors, wires, lengths, and fittings -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)