Re: TR6/TR5 PI's

To: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR6/TR5 PI's
From: Jamie Barnhardt <innovative@ccsinc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:52:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James H. Davis, Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:34:46 -0500 Jamie Barnhardt
> <innovative@ccsinc.com> writes:
> >David Stauffacher wrote
> >concerning PI system
> >> 1970 PI TR6
> >> Dave
> >>
> >> 1907 TR6 CP51649
> >Dave
> >Restored a 76 TR 6 RHD PI and exported to Japan two weeks ago.  Ring
> >me
> >up if I can be of help.
> >Jamie Barnhardt
> >Innovative
> >8047582753
> Now this is all very interesting stuff... a 1907 TR-6 and a 1976 TR-6PI!!
>   OK, I guess the 1907 is a typo, meaning 1970, but William Kimberley, in
> "TRIUMPH TR6", indicates that the last PI car (CR6701) was built on Feb.
> 7, 1975. What's the VIN of your restored car? Did it have full amber
> front parking/directional lamps that hung beneath the bumper?. Did the
> brake warning lamp light when the parking brake was applied?
> I thought the last PI cars, even though they were "built" in '75, were
> '74 spec. models. Shed some light here; inquiring minds want to know!
> Jim Davis
> Fortson, GA
> '75 TR6  CF38690UO
> '75 TR6  CF37325U
Jim, I got the same reaction from John S. of TRF when I wanted info.
Com # CR6064.  Registered as a 1976 Triumph TR 6 2D SDN.  I assume the
registration to be true.  Came to US in 85.  Stephen Roff and Ean Clarke
wrote in " TRIUMPH TR 5/250 TR 6 Companion"  " The last TR6 to be built
with fuel injection rolled from the production lines in February 1975,
but as the figures show was not sold until 1976."  I assume that the
cars were registered in the year purchased as the included chart showed
only 14 TR 6's being delivered that year.  The color was Magenta, I
wonder what it is about purple cars?  Slow movers.  It was white when I
picked it up and I restored it in a GM "whiter" white.  The door latch
receiver and cover plate for the wiper motor had the 74 #s.  Interesting
car as it had a low front bumper and a gear shift on the left!  I Sold
it to fly.  Proper ending as I restored it in a hanger where I work.  If
you ever get the chance to buy a PI system, do it. Be sure to buy a neck
brace to wear on the first out ride.  They can be quite fast off the
line with 60 tyres.  Have fun.
Jamie
Innovative
Hummel airfield (W 75)