Re: More GT6+ and Vitesse Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More GT6+ and Vitesse Questions
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:15:10 +0100
Cc: spitfire1500@dalton.net, amace@unix2.nysed.gov, odd@triumphclub.se
Andrew Mace wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Spitfire 1500 wrote:
> > Good Evening All!
> > Just a quick question about my Vitesse/Sports6 before I get
> > into the GT6+ questions.  The commission # is HB5635LOY (I
> > think it's Y, could be a V),  can anyone shed any light on
> > this?  What year, engine type, etc. Any info will be greatly
> > appreciated!
>

> Sounds like about a 1963 or maybe early 1964 model year car to
> me. I'll wager that the suffix letters are LCV (Left hand drive
> ConVertible), not LOY.
> --Andy

My guess also. It could have been an O for Overdrive, but then
I can't see any explanation for the Y/V letter... And if it is
a Saloon then both O and Y are misread and should be D and L.
A bit far, I guess...

On the question part concerning year/comm no:
The two first Vitesses had Comm nos HB4DL and HB47CV
(Saloon/Convertible) and both were manufactured in May of '62.
The Comm nos of the first Vitesses made in January '63 were:
HB6699DL and HB6700CV.
(The Comm nos of the first Vitesses made in January '64 were:
HB16925DL and HB16939CV.)

So, we can conclude it's a Vitesse made late in 1962 for the
North American market, either a Convertible in case the Comm
No is HB5635LCV, or a Saloon in wich case Comm No is HB5635LDL.

OK Ron, is it a Saloon or a Convertible?

BFN
Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,