Re: Who owns these triumphs?

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Who owns these triumphs?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:09:55 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

[Sorry, Leon, I'm from the East Coast of the U.S. and don't recognize any
of the cars! ;-) ]

> Finally,a question? I am trying to find out exactly which model year Spitfire
> Mk.3 got the special RAF roundel hood/bonnet badge,because Graham Robson
> contradicts himself in two of his own books,in one he says 1969 and in
> another,1970!!!

No comment about the book, but that special badge appeared on Spitfires
for model year 1970 (which I think corresponds to commission numbers
FD(U)75001 and future). Robson and/or his copy editors I think just got
confused at times between model years and calendar years, so some captions
and statements are confusing/misleading, but others are just plain wrong.
(Sorry Mr. Robson!)

The 1970 model year also brought other different badging, the satin-black
windscreen surround, different rear lighting arrangements
GT6/Courier/Estate 4.5" wheels, and a host of other minor changes (more so
for the U.S., such as single Stromberg).

--Andy