TR-6 tonneau cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 tonneau cover
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:12:58 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8579735741ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:17:36 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

    Just getting ready to install a tonneau cover on my TR-6 and am courious to
know if a tonneau cover can be put on while the convertable top is on the car -
but lowered?  The reason for asking is that the car came with 2 of what are
called the 'rear stiffener plate' which is a curved bit of steel that bolts to
the rear of the passenger compartment with 5 bolts and has holes for 7 snaps
which the back of a convertable top/tonneau attach to .  Don't know why it came
with 2 --- one for the top another for the tonneau??

As you can probably tell, I don't have a convertable top on my -6 so I have no
idea if the convertable top drops completely below the body line or....

Thanks,

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us