Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monza: HOW LOUD?
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:17:57 -0700
I've been driving with the top down (why would any body even want it up?)
almost every day, approx. an hour a day freeway (excluding rainy days) for
over 20 years now.  My hearing is as good as it ever was.  My understanding
is if you hear ringing in your ears in a quiet area after prolonged exposure
to loud sound, music (and I prefer my music on the loud side), engine or
otherwise, then you may be damaging your ears, if no ringing then probably
no damage.  Hasn't been a problem for me - HUH - WHAT, oh sorry officer I
didn't hear that siren, did you have it on? :-)
In my car you can hold a conversation albeit very slightly elevated, but not
shouting above the wind, engine, and radio noise (provided it's not a really
rockin tune, mabye a little Z-Z top, Maverics, or classic early Beatles! ) -
Now if your driving around with one of those really annoying, you can hear
it coming a block away, boom-caca-boom systems cranked up to the point of
breaking windows when you go by  - well all bets are off :-)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)