Re: Dash and speedo help please

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Dash and speedo help please
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:08:41 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>

Others have responded to say that it is indeed the Tach and Speedo that
need to be removed, as they hold the wooden dash in.  On each of these
there are two burled finger nuts that hold long brackets pressed up
against the back of the dash.  One of these on each unit also
incorporates a cluster of ground wires.  Make sure those go back on when
you put it together again.  There's nothing for it but to get upside
down, put you hand up in the mess of wires and feel around for those four
finger nuts.  You will feel them coming off the back of the gauges.  They
are round, about the size of a dime, and three times as thick.

Good luck and happy hunting

        Michael in St. Louis with a newly refinished dash  ;-)