Re: Stopping oil pan leak

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Stopping oil pan leak
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:13:53 -0500

    Henry> Thank Tony, not me. I just remembered I had
    Henry> archived his post from over a year ago!  ;-)

    Henry> I think larger washers, to the extent they do not
    Henry> foul the outside lip of the pan is a good idea.

I found, at my local Ace Hardware, some rectangular washers
(marked as spacers) that seem like they'd fit the channel
perfectly.  They're about 1.5x as long as wide, and seem to be
perfect for the straight bits of the pan.  I haven't installed
them yet, 'cause I haven't had occasion to be under there
recently.  YMMV
                                                        -MM