VTR National / GT6 transmission

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VTR National / GT6 transmission
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 11:19:13 -0500
Hi all,  Terrick here.

To whomever wrote that there are 247 pieces in his tranny, I would like to
correct that number,  there are only 195 distinct assemblies in a GT6
tranny.  Now, add 50 needle rollers......  OK I get your point.

Mine is that you guys <won't> see me at the national despite my best
wishes.  The new house and the continuing saga of the gearbox got me.

***  tech stuff here,   skip to end for VTR 98 request  *****

anyone out there familliar with the late  GT6 input shaft.  Te DPO of my
parts car seems to have sleeved the spigot bush raceway in bronze.  I took
this to be factory.  Hah!  1300 miles later @ 150 bhp,  guess what was
left?  You guessed it.  ALL the bearings are now shot, they weren't much
good before.  It's going back together with the early input shaft and
smaller synchro because I don't want to be off the roal for long.  But
curious minds want to know how "d" the DPO could have been.  (I bet the guy
that bought my written off TR6 from the insurance company is saying the
exact thing about ME right now)

*****

Anyway,  since all out there seem to be keyed up on the '97 convention,
can you guys glean some info about '98 in Minneapolis for me?!?  This is an
8 hour drive and if I have to PUSH my GT6 all the way I WILL be there.

Have fun all,  looking forward to the stories

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg
69 GT6+