Re: TR6 weeping coolant and the rear of the block?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 weeping coolant and the rear of the block?
From: catucker@vnet.net (C. Tucker)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:16:58 -0400 (EDT)
>Charles,
>       > There may be a more proper way to perform replacement, but I just
>       > poked a hole in them with a screwdriver and wrenched them out.  When
>       > I installed the new ones, I put a little bit of permatex on them and
>simply
>       > tapped them into place.
>
>Did you do this with the motor in situ?  There does not appear to be enough
>clearance between the block and firewall to do this.
>       Thanks in advance,
>       Shane

Shane,
As best I remember, I had to remove the battery.
I am sure I did not remove the engine, head, or even jack the motor up a little.
It only took half an hour or so and I did it in my dad's driveway.
The plugs are in the head the best I remember.
Funny how you remember some things and forget other details.....

Charles