Re: TR6 weeping coolant and the rear of the block?

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 weeping coolant and the rear of the block?
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:14:11 -0400
Trevor, check the heater hoses first

----------
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 weeping coolant and the rear of the block?
Date: Wednesday, July 02, 1997 12:24 AM

A friends TR6 is weeping coolant at the back of the
block.

  The coolant just "appears" at the rear/top of the engine,
just in front of the battery. It looks like this:

_____
-----|
     | Head
-----|
     \___
       v |
       v |  The "v"s are coolant flowing...

  It doesn't seem to specifically be coming from the
head gasket, but it could be. It appears at the rate
of about one "running drop" per 5 seconds when the
engine has just been run for a while and is then idling
during inspection.

  We are fearing the worst...

  Does anyone have experience with this? I don't own
a TR6, so I am wondering what the water jacket looks
like on this block and if it could be coming from the
gasket, or if blocks commonly crack there, etc.

  Any help/insight appreciated.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada