TR3B Front bumper

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3B Front bumper
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 08:11:45 -0400
Hey all,

I thought I was just finishing up the front end of the '3 yesterday, in
anticipation of taking a few pictures for Parish Insurance. We are that
close....

But, it is never that easy. The front bumper bolted up, but the right
side is resting against the apron and wing, and the left side is a wee
bit too high. It looks like the front bumper attachment brackets are
bent, the brackets that go from the frame up to the bumper bar support
spring.

It is now clear to me the car was hit in the front prior to being taken
off the road, some 20 years ago. I got the car with the valance
installed with four bolts, and the signal red respray obviously never
saw the road. The grille and front bumper were there, but not installed.
It seems the replacement parts were obtained, but never installed.

The bent brackets are NLS from the big three. Has anybody ever been
successful at bending these brackets back to an acceptable condition?

Or, is anybody willing to sell an extra pair of straight brackets, Moss
part #802-550 and #802-560, Page 58 in the TR2-4A catalog?

Thanks again.
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/