Triumph parts failures

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph parts failures
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 08:15:42 -0600
Several weeks ago, I was moving away from a stop sign in
my GT6 when the clutch released with a bang and could
not be disengaged.  Fortunately this did not happen about
3 minutes earlier when I was negotiating my way through a
crowd of people after a car show.  Drove home with no clutch
and pulled the gearbox to find that the pushrod from the clutch
slave cylinder had worn all the way through the release lever.
(Hey, it was only 30 years old!).  It looked like a bullet
hole.  Take a look at yours the next time you have it out.

Also, two members of my club had fuel pump failures on their
TR6's at different times.  The rod that the pump lever pivots
on worked its way out, allowing the lever to drop out of
position.  If you have your pump out for any reason,
take a look to see if the rod is secure.  It might save you
a breakdown later.
Dave Fain (headed for VTR Sweatfest in a GT6 next week)