***<<<BLAM>>>***

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ***<<<BLAM>>>***
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 08:41:04 -0700
Well, it was fun while it lasted.  I blew up the motor on Puerquito
yesterday.  This was the high compression 1500 I put in the 65 Spit.  I
think a piston came apart while I was getting on the freeway in 3rd
gear.  Cheap parts from that place in Oregon.

Question:  Assuming the block is trashed, but the cam is ok, when I put
the cam in a new block, do I need to install new lifters, or can I move
the present ones over.  They were new with the new cam 5000 mile ago.

Any other advice (other than pay attention to the redline)?

Have to admit, with a big carb and tube exhaust, that motor does rev a
little (understated) high.

So much for my wrench-to-ride ratio this month.

Brian N

65 Spit
79 Spit
63 Consul Capri