Re: GT6 Mk2 seatbelts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk2 seatbelts
From: iani@tcp.co.uk
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:42:07 +0000
Cc: tcarney@concentric.net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <iani@popmail.tcp.co.uk>
Looking in the GT6 parts catalogoue and it lists the following
seatbelt accessories:
568511 safety belt -2 point fixing
568496 safety belt -3 point fixing
both of these were suitable for vehicles up to body no 1040KC and on
1047KC, 1052KC, 1065KC and 1217KC.
712600 safety harness - suitable for vehicles from body no 1041KC and
future except for 1047/1052/1065/1217KC.

I guess it is important to remember that these were all optional
extras, certainly here in the UK, perhaps Triumph only fitted
whatever happened to be closest to hand at the time.

> From:          WINDOWSEET@aol.com
> Date:          Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
> To:            triumphs@autox.team.net
> Cc:            tcarney@concentric.net
> Subject:       Re: GT6 Mk2 seatbelts

> I bought a 69 GT6+ (new) in 1969 and I remember that it had only seatbelts.
> My original owner's manual shows a bolt for intalling three point harness but
> no harness. However, the Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Guide to Originality shows
> three point seatbelts on the Mk II (European version). Do you have an actual
> Mk II or a "plus"? I remember changing my seat belts to the competition
> variety and adding a shoulder harness.
>
> On the bumper issue. Looking at the drawings in the Vickie Brit catalogue it
> looks like the bumpers are similar but they have different mounting brackets.
> Also the MkI bumper has notches to fit around the bonnet pivots. I'm sure a
> way could be found to mount the bumper but it would require some fabricating.
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Greg Wolf
> 70 GT6+ "Ian"

Regards