Gasoline story

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gasoline story
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 09:23:48 -0500
Well, since everyone is telling their stories of near death experiences at
the hands of volatile fractions of petroleum,  here's one from our local
racetrack.

The <motorcycle racers>.... a group which own at since they do things like
bust the locks off "our" buildings because they can't find their
keys........   have a bald and singed racer.

The evening bonfire and race tyre buring fest two years ago ended and one
of them decided (why I'll never know) to actually extinguish the fire.
(understand we are in the middle of an airport circuit on burned out
ground).  He used an ice cream pail full of (you guessed it).

See what happens when you dont store your fuel in a DOT container?!?

Dave Terrick
...only ever used a cup or so to help the fire)

PS:  not relating to gasoline but to fire,  some of us actually test our
nomex race suits around the fire.  One nutcase decided to do the old
hindu(?!?) fire walking thing.  It caught on until one day someone almost
fell over off the "balance beam like plank" we placed over the embers.
...Have another beer?