Re: Cleaning Tonneau Cover ?

To: <EPaul21988@aol.com>, <Carbuff@scooter.net>, <Spitfire15@prodigy.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Tonneau Cover ?
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:43:53 -0500
Unfortunately all the odor eating enzyme products for pets (there are about
a dozen brands the most popular being Outright) are bacteria that multiply
rapidly by feeding on the organic food source and die just as fast when the
food runs out.  They require a moist environment to survive and do their
job.  This would mean liberally soaking the tonneau cover with the solution
while spread out upside down (chances are the smell is in the cloth
sections) on the garage floor and covering the whole thing with damp
towels. One of the little known problems with these products is that they
are sold as concentrates to be mixed with water.  Too bad our water is
chlorinated to kill bacteria.  Buy a gallon jug of untreated water to get
the best results. Then you have to worry about shrinkage, so get it back on
the car in the sun ASAP.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race