Re: Concourse Judging

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, darr@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Concourse Judging
From: joe worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 20:51:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Personally, I think that all shows should have 2 classes of entry, tow
> &  show & drive and show.  I agree that a true concourse event should
>be as original as possible.  And I guess if all I wanted to do was to go
> out and look at my car and not be able to enjoy it by driving and
> experiencing the joy of owning a sports car, true concourse would be
>all right.  However, I enjoy running through the gears, setting up for a
> good "drift" around a high speed corner etc... just my 2 cents worth.
>
> Darr Palmer
> 80 TR8
> 73 Stag
> 79 TR7

I hate to admit it but my TR8 is going up on a trailer for the ride to
Ft.Worth.  I drive it around here but it's not enjoyable right now.  If
you were here you would understand why.  I was all set to drive but the
heat changed my mind.  You can just stand still in the shade here and
the sweat rools off you - 95deg. and about 100 percent humidity.  WHEN I
GET THER THERE TR8 WILL BE MY TRANSPORTATION.  The truck and trailer
won't move.  I love to ride in it and Texas will be different as the
humidity is lower there.  If my A/C were working I would drive the TR.  I
also wasn't going in a caravan so I guess the combination of heat and
being by mysef for 600mi did it.  I hope the folks going across I10 and
I20 enjoy it it's really hot and humid.

On another subject I know that when you back the car up into or out of
the garage you shouldn't leave the door open.  I'v seen a lot of comments
about folks who have doe that.  You also shouldn't shut the garage door
on the car either.  Guess who did that today.  1/4 inch more and it would
have missed the paint and touched the bumper.  It got the edge of the
paint front above the bumper for about a foot across - down to the
primer.  We just painted the area in front of the hood as the new decals
wouldn't match the old ones and the paint under them was different
looking. It was a real job to match too.  I doubt that I'll have time to
get it done before leaving my neighbor who runs a paint shop as did the
work will probably kill me due to the difficulty matching it before.
--
Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC