First timer!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: First timer!
From: "Barry P. Warwick" <bwarwick@wcoil.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 23:22:03 -0400 (EDT)
New to the list.  So far looks like fun and very informative.  I've just
aquired a 1975 TR6 to restore.  Previously back in the mother-land drove 7's
and MG's.  First 6....yeah!
Car has lots of expected body rust.....cosmetic stuff, but no apparent frame
problems.........does need a new drivers side floor pan!!
My major concern is that the car has not run for 7 yrs.  Battery dead.  No
special prep was undertaken for storage.  Plugs are out, oil in bores,
engine turns easily and smoothly by hand.  Rocker box cover off, all very
clean...no nasty creamy blow past stuff.  Would appreciate any thoughts on
what else I should check before I get a battery and take the plunge.  Should
I delve deeper into the block?  Should I think of looking at the carbs?
(will obviously renew air filters).  Small front end oil leak of uncertain
origin.
Noting with glee the info today on removing flare nuts for clutch master
cylinder on a 4....this 6 has a clutch m/c long in the grave...no fluid and
corroded.   You guessed it, can't move a thing....so prepered for lots of
penetrating oil and patience!
Would welcome any advice and comments.  My adventure is just beginning!

Cheers

Barry P. Warwick
Harrod, OH.