return springs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: return springs
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 22:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
I just got my pedals to move, finally... but, the return springs for both
are nearly shot.  Can anyone give me some ideas?  Ie, cost/availability,
and perhaps "tension"?  I can get assorted springs from one of the
smaller hardware stores near me, but I don't want to have to buy 30 of
them just to find one that works.

Same goes for the gas pedal spring, it's weak too.

Has anyone got a pedal assembly for a TR4 that is gathering dust?  Mine
is extremely rusty (as well as the bad springs) :(

Some past genius has welded mine together, so I couldn't dismantle it and
apply grease to everything; also, the clutch clevis hole (on the pedal)
is slightly ovellated.

-Malcolm, Pedal-less in Sheringham, BC