Signing off/ ROCK SLIDE I-40/A type solenoid

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Signing off/ ROCK SLIDE I-40/A type solenoid
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 10:59:05 -0400 (EDT)
Bill Wood wrote:

>I'll be signing off the Triumph list and TR8 list in preparation for Ft.
>Worth departure.  I'll be back 7-16-97.

>Just in case your travels bring you down I-40, please note.  A massive
>rock slide has closed the Interstate west of Asheville at mile marker
>22.
>NC DOT is projecting the middle of next week before it will be opened.
>Detour is long and tedious.  Another route is suggested.

That's all true, but if you had come through yesterday (July 5th), you could
have joined us in the little town of Hot Springs, N.C. which is right on the
detour route, for holiday festivities, including a western shootout, Indian
(sorry, native American) songs and dances, local crafts and even a tour of
the caboose which houses the town's welcome center.

The bride and I celebrated our 8th anniversary with hot dogs, fresh corn on
the cob and chips from the high school band booster club, followed by a
bottle of fine wine at home.  Weather was about 80, sunny with a nice breeze.
 All in all, a perfect day to be here, unless you've been stuck in traffic
for the past 50 miles on a winding mountain road.   I did notice that most of
the people in the cars weren't enjoying themselves as much as we were.
 Definitely a place to avoid for about another week or so.

TTFN,
Don Marshall