TR-3A intermittent ground isolated!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A intermittent ground isolated!
From: Ann Stevens <hockeymum@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 01:41:47 -0700
File this one into the backs of your mind:

I had an intermittent short, causing the flasher/windscreen wiper/gas
tank level gage circuit to blow the collective fuse.  It would happen
sometimes when I went over a bump, sometimes "on its own."

I located it last night:  when I went over a bump, the bonnet stay rod
worked loose from the rubber retainer, and the rod worked its way over
to the windscreen wiper motor terminals, shorting them to ground,
blowing the fuse.  Sometimes, it would happen immediately after going
over a bump, sometimes it would take a while to get over to it.

Hope that someday, this is of use to you!

Jim Stevens TS 44743