Re: Spifire exhaust leak/air pump

Subject: Re: Spifire exhaust leak/air pump
From: "Atwell Haines" <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 97 23:01:03 PDT
Bob,   My  '79 Spit was built in Oct 78, it might have a single air pipe
(despite the fact it has rubber bumpers).   Sure sounds from your description
that the problem is there.

If this is the case, is the emissions pipe in need of replacement, or is it
something that a little JB Weld might be able to resolve?   (Sounds like you've
been up this path already...)

Unfortunately, I've got the back of the car on stands right now repairing rear
wheel cylinders, so it'll be a week or so until I get a good lok at the exhaust.

Atwell