2500S

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 2500S
From: "Kennedy Family" <johnk@mail.iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:16:08 +0800
Comments: Authenticated sender is <johnk@mail.iinet.net.au>
1) Haynes use to list a manual for the 2500S, which now appears to be
out of print. Anyone know of a supply source?

2) My 1977 2500S auto' has an oil leak either from the sump gasket or
(more likely) the rear main seal. Just one of those annoying minor
leaks - doesn't use much oil at all really, but does cause unsightly
drips on the driveway.
If it's the rear main, my Triumph service man says approx A$650 all
up (including parts and labour at A$55 per hour). He says one can get
to it without engine out, but a major fiddle because sump is behind a
cross member (or some such).
 a) doe's this price seem okay?
 b) I'm a reasonable home mechanic, is this a realistic home job
without major lifting equipment?

Thanks for feedback,
John K

*    The Kennedy Family    *