Re: ***<<<BLAM>>>***

To: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ***<<<BLAM>>>***
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:30:17 -0500
Brian N. wrote:

> Well, it was fun while it lasted.  I blew up the motor on Puerquito
> yesterday.  This was the high compression 1500 I put in the 65 Spit.
> think a piston came apart while I was getting on the freeway in 3rd
> gear.  Cheap parts from that place in Oregon.
>
> Question:  Assuming the block is trashed, but the cam is ok, when I
> put
> the cam in a new block, do I need to install new lifters, or can I
> move
> the present ones over.  They were new with the new cam 5000 mile ago.
>
> Any other advice (other than pay attention to the redline)?
>
> Have to admit, with a big carb and tube exhaust, that motor does rev a
>
> little (understated) high.
>
> So much for my wrench-to-ride ratio this month.
>
> Brian N
>
> 65 Spit
> 79 Spit
> 63 Consul Capri

    Brian, I have recently learned, there are three basic rules to cams
and lifters.

1.   Same cam, same lifters on same lobe.
2.   Used cam, and new lifters.
3.   New cam,  new lifters!

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/