Re: ***<<<BLAM>>>***

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ***<<<BLAM>>>***
From: Barry Schwartz <BSchwartz@ENCAD.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:39:10 -0700
>Question:  Assuming the block is trashed, but the cam is OK, when I put
>the cam in a new block, do I need to install new lifters, or can I move
>the present ones over.  They were new with the new cam 5000 mile ago.
*****************
Brian, sorry to hear the engine went away - as long as the cam surfaces
and lobes look OK, then use the same lifter on the same lobe - and
chances are your block is probably all right, unless it was scored by an
errant rod :-)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )