Re: TR4 Heater cables

To: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 Heater cables
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 22:26:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John L. Walker wrote:

> The control cables for the heater in my TR4 are broken (Bowden cables)
>
> Both the air vent and the hot water have come apart at the fascia end,
> so
> they will only "pull" the cable, pushing it back in makes the end of
> the
> control come out.
>
> Crude diagram:
>
>   |Knob>---||========>--->------cable-------~ to car ->
>            ^             ^
>         fascia         end of controller moves here when knob is
> pressed
>
> Am I missing an Important Part here?  Is this a common problem?
>
> -Malcolm
>
>     Too many rocks and not enough sand.
Malcolm,
On the back side of the sleeve at the facia you should have a retaining
nut that is screwed up against the inside of the facis or dash.  In all
probabilities this nut has worked loose over the years.  Check the
entire lenght of the cabe upto the firewall and see if you can locate it
and rethread it on to the control and tighten up with the apprpriate
sized wrench (spanner).

Larry zink
1964 Spitfire4