Re[2]: Squeaking Brakes While Moving

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Squeaking Brakes While Moving
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 97 08:59:00 PDT
Text item:

Ross' brake problem:
>Interesting phenomenon is occuring on my Mk I Spitfire brakes.  Whilst
>motoring underway without touching the brakes I am hearing a squeaking
>noise from the brakes.  I think it is the brakes because as soon as I very
>lightly apply pressure to the pedal, the squeaking goes away.

I could make a case for the pads just barely dragging on the disc. You
don't say how loud the sound is, but it is possible that the pads are
hanging up a bit in the caliper. A place to look...

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

Text item: External Message Header

My GT6 MKIII has the same exact problem.  The other thing I noticed is when I
turn the wheel to the right, the noise also seems to go away.  My brakes also
squeak loudly when I back down my driveway.  They work fine though, just a bit
irritating....

Mike