GT6 generalis

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 generalis
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 9 Jul 97 11:46:49
I have recently entered Club GT6, and I have a few questions.

1)  Why is this thing so dang fast?

2)  Why is this thing so dang HOT?  I have a 74, with an unlouvered bonnet.  The
PO put some foam inside one of the front wheel wells, but I donªt think it does
much to keep down the heat.  Anyone have any ventilation solutions?

3)  All in all, the car is set up very nicely, and I donªt want to monkey with
it
much for the moment, but the idle is set at 1K right now.  This seems a little
high ..?

4)  The PO also reduced the positive camber a bit on the front wheels, saying
it was
too hard on the tires, and that the effect of doing so on the handling is not
apparent.  So far I would have to agree.   Comments?

5)   The PO habitually used an STP lead/octane booster with each fill-up.  The
manual also says that the car should run on an unleaded 92 octane.   Just out of
curiosity, what happens if you donªt?

6)  There will be more another time.

--
Martin Secrest