Carb servicing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carb servicing
From: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 02:48:28 PST
Cc: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu, tvr@domino.com
My TR5, 250 & 6 Haynes Manual recommends for the carbs "four service operations
which must be completed every 24,000 miles."  It first says to obtain a "Red
Emission Pack 'B'" and lists the contents (floats, O-rings, needle valves,
diaphrams, throttle spindle and temp compensator seals). Moss has never heard
of such a Pack: does anyone know where I might obtain one or should I just
order everything individually?  If I replace the items listed, does that
constitute a "rebuild," or would there be more to it than just these things?
With 63K on the '74 TR6 engine in my car, I do not think the ZS carbs have ever
been serviced in this way.

Thanks,  Richard