spax shocks - tr6

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: spax shocks - tr6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:46:38 -0600
I have just acquired a set of Spax front shocks for my 1976 TR6. The box
has a label on it which says "Triumph 1969 - 1975   G479". I can't wait
to put these on my car but before I do I want to make sure I have the
right shock.

I am not aware of any changes in the TR6 suspension from 75 to 76. So is
the package I have just mislabelled? Or is there really a specific front
shock for the 76 TR6 which is different from the one for 69-75 cars?
None of the catalogs from the major mail order suppliers indicate this
to be the case.

I wrote to a web enabled company in Britain which sells spax and they
replied that I have the only chock in the spax catalog which is listed
for a tr6. They also said that since their listings show no tr6 in 1976,
perhaps my car is a 75 registerd as a 76. I guess they don't handle a
lot of triumph stuff...

So if anyone has purchased a set of these could verify I have the right
shock I would really appreciate it.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada