Supplier problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Supplier problems
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 97 8:52:33 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Well I got my parts for myt tuneup yesterday from Vicky Brit.  When  I
ordered everything, there were no brand names so I was unaware of the
manufacturer of parts.

Every thing looked ok except for the wire sets.  These look like the
cheapest sets known to man.  They have plastic plugs that go over the
spark plug and have a real cheap feel to them.  I don't remember the wire
manuf. name unfortunately.

Anyway, I am unsure of their quality.  when compared to the Orange
Autolights that were previously used, the difference in quality is quite
noticeable.

Just my little heads up to all of you ordering tune-up parts.  Make sure
you buy particular names and don't just assume that the parts supplier
has your best interest at heart.

One thing I didn't undersatnd is that i ordered a non Lucas coil with a
washer and cap nut.  I am unsure how the HT coil wire connects to the
center coil opening with regards to this washer and cap nut.  Anybody
have a similar experience?

Thanks for all your help, especially with my previous timing question.
I'll be doing that this weekend.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4