Re: Wool Carpet

To: Joseph Burlein <josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov>
Subject: Re: Wool Carpet
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:51:06 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joseph Burlein wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I am replacing the interior of my TR-6 and was thinking about using the
> "original" wool carpet style.  I have heard that it tends to fad rather
> rapidly however, forcing you to rebuy in nylon.  Anyone with experience
> in this area?
>
> Joe Burlein
> 72 TR-6
> Melbourne, FL

Just redid my entire 73-TR interior and used the upgraded wool carpets
from Moss (black). The quality is good to excellent with absolutely no
fitting problems. After years of interior carpeting cut, sewn and
installed at home I'm really happy to be back to an interior that looks
as good or better than it did when the car was new.

 No experience yet with fading. I keep a Tonneau or car cover over the
vehicle almost all the time so I dont think I'll have a problem. Seems to
me though, if fading is the only problem it could be solved with a
judicious application of fabric color spray of the appropriate shade.
Much more cost effective.

Dean

73 TR-6
85 XJ-6