Re: Wool Carpet

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wool Carpet
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:43:27 -0400
>Listers,
>
>I am replacing the interior of my TR-6 and was thinking about using the
>"original" wool carpet style.  I have heard that it tends to fad rather
>rapidly however, forcing you to rebuy in nylon.  Anyone with experience
>in this area?
>
>Joe Burlein
>72 TR-6
>Melbourne, FL

If the "new" wool is anything like the "old" wool, in time it rots to a
pile of dust. This process can be hastened by repeated soakings from a
leaky top. This may be one area where going original may not be a good idea
for the long term daily driver. I got the economy nylon kit from TRF and it
looks fine.

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)